SMS is a great tool for reaching customers instantly. We’ve compiled some jaw dropping stats comparing SMS vs. email and social media marketing and the findings will amaze you.
We took a look at audience reach, channel engagement, and the frequency of coupon redemption rate when promoted through each channel.
Take a look at the infographic below to see how SMS marketing stacks up to other forms of digital marketing:
Additional Statistics SMS vs. Email and Social
- 9 out of 10 shoppers in the USA actively use SMS loyalty programs; many of them through SMS coupons.
- Almost 2/3 of Americans check their phones 160 times a day
- The average engagement of Facebook’s posts is 0.07%; meaning a Facebook post can expect to receive seven interactions for every 10,000 followers the page has (Source: Oberlo).
- Approximately 45% of all emails received in the US are spam (Source: Zippia)
- Only 10% of SMS marketing messages are tagged as spam.
- Text messaging has a 9.18% CTR; higher than Facebook (0.90%) or Google Ads (1.91%) (Source: Enterprise Apps Today).
- Consumers are 4.5 times more likely to reply to an SMS marketing message than a marketing email (Source: G2).
Do you want to learn more about SMS marketing? Check out our Ultimate SMS Marketing Guide, with more statistics, case studies, dos and don’ts, and all you need to know to run a successful SMS campaign! You can also download the PDF version for free here: