Here at Trumpia we want you to have the most successful marketing campaign possible.
We have compiled a list of the most effective techniques for multi-channel marketing.
- Collect your own contact list through opt-in features; never rent or purchase lists.
- Frequency matters - Avoid sending more messages than the initial number you set in your opt-in welcome message.
- Specify the end dates of promotional campaigns to encourage customers to act quickly.
- Include a compelling call-to-action and incentives to encourage a response from your audience, ie: "Shop online today and save 15% off your entire purchase!"
- Make sure all message content is relevant to your target audience.
- Test messages thoroughly before sending, making sure all links are active and spelling is correct.
- Send messages at appropriate times of day, avoiding early mornings and late nights.
- For promotional messages, deliver at optimal times during business hours to bring in quick traffic.
- Choose a short and easy-to-remember mobile keyword that associates with your business or promotion.
- Display keywords on flyers, store signage, and other highly visible places for increased exposure.
- Make sure keyword advertisements abide by CTIA rules and regulations by including:
- A brief description of program
- Instruction on how to opt-out
- Frequency of SMS campaign
- Terms & Conditions
- Lingo: ‘Msg&Data rates may apply’
- Put your organization name at the beginning of the text so customers can easily identify who the message is from.
- Save text space by using abbreviations and shortened words like "thru" instead of "through".
- Leverage the instant delivery and high open rates of SMS by sending messages during business hours to drive in traffic.
- Abide by Mobile Marketing Association (MMA) guidelines.
- Keep subject lines concise and catchy, including calls-to-action to increase open rates and numbers to make your content quantifiable.
- Immediately state the purpose of the email in the title or the beginning of the email body.
- Have a good balance of both text content and images to improve deliverability- generally a 60/40 plain text to image ratio.
- Make sure your HTML and plain text content match up, otherwise the risk of your email being marked as spam will increase.
- Your font size should stay between 8pt and 14pt. Messages with font sizes that are too small or too large can trigger spam filters.
- Abide by the Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA) guidelines, such as:
- Phone messages should only be delivered between 8AM and 9PM, local time.
- As the sender, your business name must be clearly stated in the message.
- You must receive explicit consent from message subscribers, allowing you to send messages to them. Pre-existing business relationships do not constitute consent.
- Engage your listeners during the first several seconds with compelling openers.
- Identify yourself, your company, and state your reason for calling so listeners know who they’re listening to.
- Keep messages short, sweet, and under 2 minutes to maintain audience attention.
- Articulate words, making sure that the listener will be able to understand important information without needing a repeat.
- Make sure listeners are aware that they have the ability to opt-out of receiving voice broadcasts at any time.
- Avoid distracting background noise, such as ambient sounds and unpleasant music or sound effects.
- Interact with customers on a personal level by posting questions, sending a direct message, and replying to comments to drive activity.
- Feedback, criticism, and comments are public- be ready to respond quickly and as accommodating as possible, keeping in mind social media etiquette.
- Frequently update social media accounts with relevant and interesting posts that appeal to your audience.
- Promote social campaigns through other marketing channels like email, SMS, and voice broadcast.
- Encourage likes, shares, comments, and retweets to increase visibility and exposure on news feeds to spark word of mouth marketing.
- Include pictures, links, and promotions in your posts to grab audience attention.
- Use Facebook Like-gating to build your social fan base by offering incentives to people who like your page.
- Use instant messaging for effective internal or group communication.
- Mind IM frequency to maintain its attention grabbing effect.
- Make sure readers know where to go for additional information by including the necessary contact information.
- Direct viewers to your website by including a call-to-action and hyperlink in your message.
- Double check message content for grammar, spelling, and broken links.
For more ideas, check out how our customers have successfully used Trumpia to run their campaigns on our case studies page and industry pages!