Introducing SMS Click-Through Tracking! This new feature lets you embed a URL link into your text messages and track who clicked it, so you can analyze your campaign’s effectiveness. Here’s some ways you could benefit from SMS Click-Through Tracking.
1) Measure what percentage of your subscribers who received the link actually opened it.
2) Test 2 different link offers and compare which one outperforms. For example, see if “⅓ off a regular priced item” is a more enticing offer than “2 for the price of one”.
3) Create a mobile keyword that sends back an auto-response with an embedded link to your website or mobile app and track who downloads it.
4) Filter the subscribers who’ve clicked certain links once or multiple times and then send more targeted messages. For example, send an enticing Nike promotion or product introduction to only those who clicked on a Nike link in previous campaigns.
5) Create a voting campaign with a targeted link in each auto-response. Here’s an example of how a cell phone retailer could use SMS Click-Through Tracking.
a) To begin, the retailer texts “Do you prefer Androids or iPhones?”.
b) Depending upon their answer, the auto-response would include a link directing the customer to the store’s offering of Androids or iPhones.
c) Additionally, our system would keep track of who clicked on which link, allowing the store manager to create more targeted campaigns in the future. SMS Click-Through Tracking is a simple yet powerful feature that enhances both Messaging and Marketing Automation capabilities.